- Illinois Great Rivers Conference
- Annual Conference
- 2017 Annual Conference
- Submitting Reports/Resolutions
Submitting Reports and Resolutions
Any Illinois Great Rivers Conference member or entity may submit a resolution for consideration by the annual conference. Resolutions will be ruled out of order if they conflict with The Book of Discipline, which can be changed only by the General Conference. All resolutions become the property of the annual conference once they are published in the Pre-Conference Workbook or, as in the case of the Supplemental Packet, received by the annual conference. No resolution containing information deemed to be libelous will be printed.
Deadline for Submitting Reports and Resolutions
- Feb. 15 -- Reports or resolutions with implications for Finance and Administration
- Feb. 15 -- Reports or resolutions with implication for Pensions and Health Benefits
- Feb. 15 -- Reports or resolutions impacting Standing Rules
- March 1 -- All other reports and resolutions for pre-conference workbook
- April 1 -- Reports for the Journal-Yearbook only
- May 1 -- Reports or resolutions for the Supplemental Packet.
The Supplemental Packet
In the event the March 1 deadline is missed, persons may submit materials for inclusion in the Supplemental Packet. This packet is not available to members until the first day of conference.
- No reports or resolutions will be accepted after the May 1 Supplemental Packet deadline.
- All reports and resolutions for the Supplemental Packet must first be approved by the conference secretary.
- Sixteen hundred (1,600) copies of the document(s) must be provided to the Springfield United Methodist Center mail room (5900 S. Second St., P. O. Box 19207, Springfield, IL 62794-9207) at expense of those submitting the documents.
- In order to be considered, all reports and resolutions in the Supplemental Packet must be received by a 2/3 of those present and voting at annual conference.
Specifications for Submitting Reports and Resolutions
- Please submit our documents electronically by email attachment, jump drive or CD-ROM. Send to: ACSecretary@igrc.org or c/o Annual Conference Secretary, 311 S. 2nd St., Caseyville, IL 62232.
- Please submit resolutions and reports in MS Word. Budgets or other tables should be submitted in Excel. Please use Century Schoolbook, 12 pt., if you have it. If not, Times New Roman or Arial 12 pt. is acceptable.
- Use your spell checker. Make sure the names of persons are spelled correctly. Use full and correct titles.
- Do not type in all caps. Do not use your spacebar for anything except spacing between words (one space) and sentences (two spaces).
- Make certain that statements in reports in reports and resolutions are documented (indicate your source).
- Consider the use of acronyms for committees, boards, etc., in reports, resolutions and amendments (See Yellow Information Section).
- Along with the report or resolution, please:
- Provide a suggested title
- Provide a one-line description of the content
- Provide the name(s) of the author(s).
- Indicate if you believe it has implications which need to be considered by the Conference Council on Finance and Administration or Conference Board of Pensions and Health Benefits.
Formal Comments on Legislative Items
- Legislative Items with fiscal implications for the annual conference must first be reviewed by the Conference Council on Finance and Administration (CCFA) at a scheduled meeting and are subject to formal commentary by this body in the heading of the item. For this reason such resolutions must be submitted by the Feb. 15 deadline. (See Standing Rule III.D.3)
- Legislative Items with implications for pension and health benefits must first be reviewed by the Conference Board of Pensions (CBOP) at a scheduled meeting and are subject to formal commentary by this body in the heading of the item. For this reason, such resolutions must be submitted by the Feb. 15 deadline (See Standing Rule III.D.5).
- Legislative items with implications for either CCFA or CBOP are first submitted to the conference secretary, who will forward the items to the appropriate body for review.
- Failure to follow these procedures will prevent items from being printed in the Pre-Conference Workbook or Supplemental Packet.