Greetings, Members of the Illinois Great Rivers Annual Conference:
Plans are now underway for our June 8-11, 2016 session of the Illinois Great Rivers Annual Conference at the Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois.
Please make note of the following items as you prepare to participate:
1. Please use the “2016 Annual Conference Checklist” to guide you through the process of preparing and registering for annual conference. It lists the things you need to do, deadlines, how to get more information, and important web page links. If you do not want or are unable to use the internet and email as you prepare for annual conference, please phone Doug Stone at 217-529-3267 or write him at P.O. Box 19207, Springfield, IL, 62794 by Feb. 20 to get the materials mailed to you in paper form.
2. Pre-Conference Workbook: In early April all clergy and lay members of annual conference will receive by USPS a packet containing reports and resolutions to be acted upon in the annual conference session. This packet can also be found online in early April.
3. Conference Agenda: The conference agenda will be published in the pre-conference materials. Address questions concerning the agenda to Thomas Logsdon, email@example.com or 217-529-2442.
4. Memorial Service: Each year we remember not only our deceased clergy, but also deceased persons who have served as lay members of our annual conference during the previous year. Please help us by submitting the names of those deceased persons to our conference lay leader, Ken Miller, 190 W. 4th St, Coal City, IL 60416, (815) 634-0449, firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy to Paul Black, email@example.com, (217) 529-2824.
5. Special Guests: Special guests at annual conference may be introduced to the assembly if the request is made in writing to the conference secretary (see address in the heading) and biographical information is provided well in advance of the beginning of the conference.
6. Finding Answers: If you have questions about annual conference please refer to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page on the IGRC website or the yellow information section of the pre-conference materials when they arrive. If you can’t find answers there, feel free to contact me.
Until we meet in June,
Rev. Alice J. Shirley
Annual Conference Secretary