Higher Education and Campus Ministry
The Illinois Great Rivers Conference Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry is offering two types of scholarship opportunities for the 2014-2015 school year.
1) Illinois Great Rivers Conference Merit Award
One $500 scholarship will be awarded to a student attending a United Methodist-related school in the Illinois Great Rivers Annual Conference (Illinois Wesleyan University, MacMurray College, McKendree University).
2) IGRC BHECM Leadership Scholarship
Leadership scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated leadership potential and must develop a ministry project. The project shall benefit a campus ministry setting affiliated with or approved by the Board. Projects shall demonstrate leadership, not just participation. Examples of projects include:
- Developing and leading a regular, weekly Bible study on campus or for students
- Leading a praise team, choir, or worship team at regular, weekly worship
- Developing & leading a mission team (either a regular, local mission such as a ministry to a local food bank, shelter, or other ministry; or a week long mission trip).
- Service as a peer minister
Ministry projects must be supervised by a campus minister, chaplain or local United Methodist pastor who will sign the application and the review report in early December. A review report must be returned to the Chairperson of the Board of Higher Education and Campus and the Director of Connectional Ministries.
The Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry will award up to four individual $1,200 scholarships. These scholarships will be given in two $600.00 increments (once in June and then after the December review reports have been submitted and approved).
Both types of scholarship applications are linked above on this page. Also please download and fill out the following forms for each application:
Certification of Church Membership
Merit and Leadership Checklist Document
If you have any questions, contact Christy Blickensderfer at email@example.com.
DUE DATE: Applications must be received at the United Methodist Center by 4:30 PM on Friday, May 2, 2014