- Illinois Great Rivers Conference
- Connectional Ministries
- Congregational Development
- 2016-2017 Cohorts
To encourage IGRC to continue to dream about new places for new faces, the Office of Congregational Development is offering two cohorts. One is for those who want to consider the dynamics of multi-site and the other is for those who want to explore the nature of planting and starting new works.
Each cohort will include five or six gatherings over the course of the next year. The cohorts will be shaped in conversation with the participants. There will be a maximum of twelve individuals accepted into each cohort.
Cohort gatherings will include:
- Introductory Gathering: overview of the specific topic (planting or multi-site), some dynamics involved, various models, success factors, and characteristics of leaders for different models. Dates: Planting: Oct. 5, 2016 (NOTE: The date for the introductory gathering of the Planting Cohort is changed from what was originally posted here.); Multi-site: Oct. 4, 2016. Both will be held at the UM Center in Springfield.
- Exponential Regional, Naperville, IL, Nov. 15-16, 2016 (https://exponential.org/events/chicago2016/) Exponential is one of the largest gatherings related to church planting. Regional events are planned to expand the impact. This will be a gathering for both cohorts.
- Presentations from and conversations with those who have engaged in planting or multi-site. Some of these will be held on-site at various locations in IGRC. It is anticipated that each will be one-day gatherings.
The fee for each cohort is $100 per person and will be due after acceptance to the cohort and prior to the first gathering in September. The fee includes registration and double-occupancy hotel room for Exponential Regional for the night of Nov. 15. It does not include food or transportation to any cohort gatherings.
Individuals interested in participating in one of the cohorts must complete and submit the application by July 31, 2016. After an application is received, the applicant's District Superintendent will receive an email recommendation form to complete. (Note: If either cohort does not have at least eight participants, it may be cancelled.)
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Crawford, Coordinator of Congregational Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The cohorts are not “just in time” training for those who are ready to start now. They are for individuals who want to find out more and to dream new dreams for the future. Participants will be chosen based on best fit for each cohort, not on the basis of the date applications are received.