Commission on Status and Role of Women
The General Commission on the Status and Role of Women is one of 12 churchwide agencies of The United Methodist Church, which is financed through the World Service Fund (apportioned giving from local congregations). It is one of two independent commissions (the other is the General Commission on Religion and Race) charged with advocating, monitoring and challenging the church to seek justice and inclusiveness.
Sondra Newman Scholarship
COSROW offers a scholarship for any woman who is 1) a certified candidate from IGRC 2) enrolled in seminary for degree or course of study 3) completed at least one semester of training 4) will also consider CPE training.
- Transcript from Seminary. Please send to address below.
- Personal statement about her ministry
- A letter of recommendation from one of the following: her pastor, candidacy mentor, field site supervisor or professor at the seminary
- Financial Statements will be requested as needed
- A statement of the District DCOM that is to be contacted to verify that she is a Certified Candidate
Availability: The scholarship is available once a year. Once a student receives the scholarship she is not eligible for another award for four years.