Host a Disability Concerns Workshop (PDF File)
The IGRC Committee on Disability Concerns was formed by the 2010 Annual Conference session. In accordance with ¶653 of the Book of Discipline, this committee has responsibility for the following areas with regard to persons with disabilities:
- Advocacy for the leadership role of persons with disabilities (both clergy and lay) in the local church and the conference.
- Program development
- Awareness of existing ministries within the conference for persons with disabilities.
- Developing sensitivity and awareness.
- Fostering cooperation among ministries focused on various specific disabilities.
- Resourcing local churches to become both “attitudinally and architecturally accessible.”
- Promoting full inclusion of persons with disabilities.
- Sharing knowledge and resources through disability associations.