- Illinois Great Rivers Conference
- Iroquois River District
- IRD Our Liberia Partnership
- IRD Kakata/Farmington District
A Brief History
The Kakata/Farmington Districts were created in 1990 as a result of the merger of the Kakata and the Farmington River Districts by the Liberian Annual Conference. The district has 33 local churches, 4 preaching points, 59 pastors and a total membership of 6,849. About 90% of the members live in rural villages and survive on subsistence farming, while the remaining 10% who live is suburban communities, earn their living from small business or other means.
District Headquarters Project
The Kakata/Farmington District lacks a parsonage to accommodate their district superintendent and his/her family and office facilities from which to work. This poses a serious impediment to the effective ministry of the superintendent. In order to overcome this congregations within the district have challenged themselves to construct a headquarters for the district, beginning first with the parsonage.
A 1.5 acre parcel of land has been purchased and construction of the parsonage has begun, although on a small scale. Without assistance it will probably take them 10 years to complete the parsonage and office.
According to the architect's estimation, the entire construction, including material and labor, will cost $ 26,735.19 (US dollars).
Below are the churches and the cost (in US dollars) to rebuild them.
Damaged Churches / Renovation Cost
1. St Luke UMC / $4,775.50
2. Dorwein UMC / $ 3,659.00
3. St Paul UMC / $ 4,920.00
4. Wayson UMC / $ 5,417.65
5. Willie William UMC / $ 3,740.00
6. Bayclay Farm UMC / $ 3,860.17
7. Christian Town UMC / $ 4,680.00
8. Wreah Town UMC / $ 4,360.75
9. Jacob Town UMC / $ 5,425.00
10. Flomo Gbolo Town UMC / $ 3,390.00
11. St John UMC (Jaykpah Town) / $ 4,800.00
Demolished Churches / Reconstruction Cost
1. St James UMC (Bondiwin) / $ 13,600
2. New Congregation UMC / $ 12,900
3. St Matthew UMC (Teemor) / $ 12,500
Incomplete Churches / Completion Cost
1. St John UMC (Gaye Town) / $ 6,995.00
2. Jeru UMC / $ 5,800.00
3. DL Stryker UMC / $ 4,670.00
4. St Matthew UCM (Zoeklin) / $ 4,300.00