Higher Education and Campus Ministries
The Illinois Great Rivers Conference Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry is offering two types of scholarship opportunities for the 2013-2014 school year.
Illinois Great Rivers Conference Merit Award
From the United Methodist Student Day Special Offering, scholarships will be awarded to students attending a United Methodist-related school in the Illinois Great Rivers Annual Conference (Illinois Wesleyan University, MacMurray College, McKendree University). One or more merit awards will be awarded; the number of awards and amount (at least $500) is directly related to the amount allocated to the IGRC from the Student Day Special Offering.
IGRC BHECM Leadership Scholarship
Leadership scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated leadership potential and must develop a ministry project. The project shall benefit a campus ministry setting affiliated with or approved by the Board. Projects shall demonstrate leadership, not just participation. Examples of projects include:
- Developing and leading a regular, weekly Bible study on campus or for students
- Leading a praise team, choir, or worship team at regular, weekly worship
- Developing and leading a mission team (either a regular, local mission such as a ministry to a local food bank, shelter, or other ministry; or a week long mission trip).
- Service as a peer minister
Ministry projects must be supervised by a campus minister, chaplain or local United Methodist pastor who will sign the application and the review report in early December. A review report must be returned to the Chairperson of the Board of Higher Education and Campus and the Director of Connectional Ministries.
The Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry will award up to four individual $1,200 scholarships. These scholarships will be given in two $600 increments (once in June and then after the December review reports have been submitted and approved).
Both types of scholarship applications are linked on this page. If you have any questions, contact Christy Blickensderfer.
DUE DATE: Applications must be received at the United Methodist Center by 4:30 p.m., April 2, 2013.
- Camping & Retreat Ministries
- Certified Lay Ministry Training & Course of Study for PTLP's
- Conference Agencies
- Congregational Development
- Disability Concerns
- Disaster Response
- Fellowship of United Methodists in Music and Worship Arts
- Five Day Academy for Spiritual Formation
- Golden Cross Ministries
- Higher Education and Campus Ministries
- Hispanic Ministries
- Lay Servant Ministries
- Missions and Outreach
- Native American Ministries
- New Streams
- Spiritual and Emotional Care Team
- Young Adult Ministries
- Youth Ministries