Harrisburg Tornado Recovery
HARRISBURG TORNADO RECOVERY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) My church took up an offering this past Sunday for Harrisburg relief, where do I send the money?
There are three ways to give cash donations for Harrisburg relief:
a. Illinois Great Rivers Conference, P.O. Box 19207, Springfield, IL 62794 – designate it for Advance #6800 – Harrisburg Tornado
b. Harrisburg UMC, 122 W Poplar St., Harrisburg, IL 62946 – designate it for tornado relief
c. Go to http://www.igrc.org/tornadorelief and donate online through paypal or credit card
2) My church has various items to give to the people of Harrisburg (water bottles, clothes, etc.) where do I send them?
a. DO NOT SEND ITEMS -- MONEY IS WHAT IS NEEDED NOW
3) My church would still like to send items, what should we do?
The day of the tornado – Midwest Mission Distribution Center sent in 225 personal dignity (health) kits, 150 school kits and 108 cleaning buckets. Their supplies need to be replenished. Please go to the following link to see what items make up each of the kits: http://www.midwestmissiondc.net/Projects/projectsbrochure2012.pdf . Please give new items that are listed in the brochure directly to Midwest Mission Distribution Center.
4) My church would like to send a mission/construction team in to help. How do we go about coordinating a team with Harrisburg?
The Harrisburg Long Term Recovery Committee will be coordinating all teams that are willing to go in and work on homes and businesses. Please sign up your church at the following link:
http://www.igrc.org/workteams. The Harrisburg Long Term Recovery Committee will contact work teams and assignments will be made beginning sometime in May. Many teams have already signed up and your team may not be immediately needed.
Please note that this is long-term recovery. Work will continue for the rest of this year and probably into 2013.
5) My church would like to have an Early Response Training in our area. How do we schedule a training?
Please contact Sharon Monroe at email@example.com or Ken Miner at firstname.lastname@example.org. To find a listing of the Early Response Training events already scheduled, visit www.igrc.org/pages/detail/1804.
6) Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please e-mail Christy Blickensderfer at email@example.com.
- Cluster Groupings
- District Calendar
- District Directory
- District Ministry Team
- District Ministry Team Minutes
- Harrisburg Tornado Recovery
- Imagine No Malaria (Advance Special #3021190)
- Kaskaskia Konnection
- Kaskaskia River District Map
- Lay Speakers
- Lay Speaking Course Information
- UMW Newsletter