- Illinois Great Rivers Conference
- Connectional Ministries
- Congregational Development
- Reaching New People
Reaching New People
Too often churches take a “wait for people to come” approach, or they think ‘invitation’ means standing on street corners or initiating painfully difficult conversations. Not so!
This workshop will teach principles which are effective in churches of all sizes that are making new disciples of Jesus Christ. The key to reaching new people is to move beyond the walls of the building and develop relationships with people in the community. This workshop will equip the church to reach out in non-threatening ways.
If more people of the church intentionally engage in this invitational model, the church will be more effective in reaching new people.
This one-day workshop invites a team (a pastor and at least 3 lay people) to take next steps in reaching new people. The larger the number of people who attend, the greater the likelihood the principles will have a positive impact on a church's ability to reach new people. Bring a large team!! All workshops are 9:00 am -- 3:00 pm. On-site check-in begins at 8:30 am.
- Saturday, September 17, Argenta UMC -- registration for this workshop has closed
- Saturday, October 1, Galesburg First UMC -- registration for this workshop has closed
- Saturday, October 15, Pontiac First UMC -- registration for this workshop has closed
- Saturday, March 11, 2017, Kansas UMC -- registration link will be provided later
If you are interested in this workshop taking place in your district or for more information, contact Mike Crawford at email@example.com.