- Illinois Great Rivers Conference
- Connectional Ministries
- Congregational Development
- Transformation Grants
In order to strategically invest transformation grants from the limited funds available, the Conference Congregational Development Team has established the following process:
- District Congregational Development Teams have been asked to establish priorities within each district, identifying two to three congregations where strategic investment would have a high potential of fulfilling the mission and vision of the Illinois Great Rivers Conference. Churches which have been identified may be invited to submit a plan for transformation. If the plan is in alignment with district priorities, the congregation may submit a transformation grant application to the Conference Congregational Development Team.
- The Conference Congregational Development Team will keep the vision of the whole conference in mind when determining where to approve grants with the available transformation funds.
- Only churches which have been invited into the process by their District Congregational Development Team may complete a transformation grant application.
- To qualify for a grant, a church must complete an intentional ministry assessment and develop a plan to lead to greater fruitfulness. The grant request must:
- Have an emphasis upon and include benchmarks related to making disciples and reaching new people.
- Provide plans for a sustainable ministry.
- Indicate in the grant process how the church will partner to help another congregation(s).
- Share stories of how the transformation grant is helping the congregation move forward in ministry.
- Any churches that are approved for grants are expected to participate (if they have not already done so) in the IGRC Fruitful Congregations Process and the pastor is expected to participate in the IGRC Congregational Development Leadership Institute, unless the church submits a clear plan of recent training in which the pastor and key lay people have participated through other opportunities.
Note: The Conference Congregational Development Team will continue to partner in the starting of new congregations through New Congregation Start grants.