- Illinois Great Rivers Conference
- Need a Resource?
- United Media Resource Center - UMRC
- How to Use the UMRC
How to Use the UMRC
- Online catalog: Use the shopping cart feature
- Phone: 217-529-2744. Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (or leave voice message)
- FAX: 217-529-4155. Send your request by fax and you will be contacted to confirm your order
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Send your request by e-mail and you will be contacted to confirm your order
- Walk-in: Browse the collection during business hours -- call first to make sure the director will be in
Include the following information with your request:
- Resource title (include six-digit resource number if known)
- Your name
- Your daytime phone number
- Your local church name
- The date/s the resource is needed (starting and ending use dates)
- If mailed, the address to which the resource is to be sent (indicate whether it is a home or church address)
Resources can be kept for the following lengths of time:
- Curriculum samples: 2 weeks
- Books: 1 month (or two, if requested)
- DVDs/Videos: no pre-set limit -- decide before ordering how long you wish to use each resource
Preview resources in advance for content and suitability for your group.
Reserve resources as far in advance as possible. We work on a 'first come, first served' basis, so it is advisable when ordering to provide possible substitute resources or alternate use dates.
Borrowers are responsible for all items they check out. Only request items that you are able to keep track of and return on time.
Resources are generally mailed seven or more days before the first use date. If you live or work in the south Springfield area, it is appreciated if resources can be picked up instead of mailed.
Enclosed with your resource will be a return label and an invoice listing the resources borrowed and the last use date. Always check the accuracy of the last use date; if incorrect, contact the director immediately.
The borrower is responsible for returning resources by the due date on the invoice.
If you would like to keep a resource longer than originally requested, contact the director in advance to determine availability. If the resource is needed by another user, the resource must be returned.
Protect resources from extreme temperatures and mishandling. Each borrower is responsible for the proper use of resources and the reporting of any difficulties or damages that occur during use. The UMRC is not responsible for any damage that may occur to equipment by the use of resources.
Borrowers will honor copyright laws by not allowing resources to be reproduced or broadcast or charging fees to events in which resources are used (certain print materials may be reproduced if specifically stated by the publisher).
Borrower is responsible for return postage cost.
Methods of return:
- Post Office mailing address:
United Media Resource Center
P. O. Box 19207
Springfield, IL 62794-9207
- UPS/FedEx mailing address:
United Media Resource Center
5900 S 2nd St
Springfield, IL 62711
NOTE -- Post Office does not deliver to street address
- In person: drop off when the United Methodist Center is open (generally Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- In person: if in the building for a weekend or evening meeting, leave items (with note) at the reception desk
Make sure that all storage cases, leader’s/participant’s/user’s guides, and all other accompanying materials are returned. Open up DVD, CD, or VHS storage cases to make sure items are in there. Secure DVDs and CDs securely on their hubs so they do not slide around in their cases and get scratched. Please help keep our resources in good condition!
As a courtesy to other borrowers, return resources immediately after the use date on the invoice (or before). If you would like to keep a resource longer than originally requested, contact the director as soon as possible to request an extension. If the resource is needed by another user, the resource must be returned.
"This is a GREAT help!"