The Village began its ministry as the "Old Folks Home" in Smithboro, Ill., in 1908. In 1915, the building burned and the residents moved to rented quarters at Greenville, then, later to Litchfield and Lebanon. In 1918, the residents were moved to a home in St. Francisville where it continued until 1926, at which time a three-story building was completed in Lawrenceville on a five-acre tract of land donated by the Lawrenceville Chamber of Commerce. Wings were added to the building in 1953, and the building, including the wings, is now known as Holden Center. Because of the pressing need for nursing care, Wesley Center was built in 1967, and Dycus Center in 1974. A 28-bed Alzheimer Unit was completed in 1990. In 1991, the Village Playhouse was opened to assist employees and the community with daycare needs.
Today, the United Methodist Village provides a variety of services, including skilled care, Alzheimer's care, assisted living and independent living arrangements.
Both our North Campus and South Campus were named two of the Best Nursing Homes in Illinois for 2015 by U.S. News and World Reports.
To learn more about the Village's services, click on the link to the right that will take you to the Village's website.