Cranberry pumpkin muffins
Autumn staples combine into a healthy and delicious breakfast treat.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. allspice
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large egg
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups fresh or frozen chopped cranberries
Makes 12 servings:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients (flour through allspice) and set aside.
- Beat oil, eggs, and pumpkin together until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin mixture) to the dry ingredients all at once. Stir until moistened.
- Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Each muffin contains about 200 calories, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrates, and 3 g protein.
The StayWell Company, LLC ©2019