From Everyday Diabetic Recipes
Studies have found that ginger provides a load of health benefits, including soothing unsettled tummies, reducing blood cholesterol, and a whole lot more. When you make these fun gingerbread cookies, you can sit back and enjoy all their benefits!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, molasses, and egg.
- In another medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon. Gradually add to the butter mixture; mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into your favorite shapes with cookie cutters and place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.