Senior High NOW Initiative
March 2 - 4, 2018
Speaker: Rev. Steve Braudt
Worship Leader: Rev. Miguel Rios
Special Sunday Morning Guest: Bishop Beard
More Information/Register: www.igrc.org/srhighinitiative
Follow on Facebook: @igrcyouth
What is the NOW Initiative?
The Now Initiative is a Youth Retreat taking place at Lake Williamson Center, March 2 - 4, 2018 for Senior High youth. This event was formerly known as YAR. This event, in coordination with our conference youth ministry, is shifting its focus and being updated to reflect some new directions we are taking in the Illinois Great Rivers Conference. We are moving toward a new vision for youth ministry in our conference and, so we are beginning a new initiative. 1 Timothy 4:12 encourages young people not to wait for some future time to make a difference, but to be an example now. We are excited about the idea of youth leading the church now and our efforts are being focused on making that vision a reality. So, the Now Initiative is a vision and also the name of our upcoming retreats.
What’s new this year?
We have been hard at work rethinking our annual retreats for youth. This year you will notice some changes and we will continue to update and explore new possibilities in the future. This year we have asked youth to give their input, help make decisions, and help lead the Now Initiative. Here are just a few changes and additions that you can expect.
- Youth will play a larger role in planning and leading this retreat and future retreats.
- The weekend includes a mission component (packaging meals) for every participant.
- There will be more intentional opportunities to meet youth from other communities through small group and large group activities.
- We are adding new options for our recreation/free time including, art, board games, and tournaments (Mario Kart/Black Light Dodge Ball).
- The offering this year will help pay for our event mission project and will be a weekend long offering competition. The highest dollar amount will determine a fun outcome for the final morning of the event.