Church Pianist/Organist/Collaborative Position
To make disciples of Jesus Christ by reaching, teaching, and serving Peoria.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Worship Ministries and the Directing Pastor.
- Play for weekly Sunday morning worship services, 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- Play for annual holy days and special services such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday.
- Select prelude and postlude for each worship service.
- Play for rehearsals Wednesdays 6:00-7:15 p.m. and Sunday mornings 7:30 a.m. and 9:20-9:45 a.m.
- Play organ chimes Sunday mornings 9:50 a.m.
- Play for weddings and funerals in coordination with the Director of Worship Ministries and Directing Pastor.
All University United Methodist Church employees are supervised by the Directing Pastor.
- Membership and/or denominational affiliation is not required.
- Have a heart for God, music, and ministry.
- Experience and demonstrated excellence in piano performance.
- Experience in the performance and selection of church piano/organ and choral music, which represents a broad variety of musical periods, styles, and cultural genres.
- Affinity for working alongside other musicians, staff, and congregation members.
- Functions with grace and positivity in stressful situations.
- Appreciation of music as a part of worship and sensitivity to the inclusive style of worship and structure would be helpful.
- Must pass a background check.
Starting date June 14, 2021
Call or email to set up an audition and interview, as well as send a resume to the following:
Marcy Wilson, Office Manager
Contact: Marcy Wilson, Office Manager
2818 N. University Street Peoria 61604
Phone: (309) 688-3486
Peoria University UMC