The Pecometh Camp and Retreat Ministries (Pecometh) Selection Committee announces a national search and invites inquiries and resumes for its next Director of Program Ministries. Pecometh seeks a highly skilled professional to administer and oversee all aspects of the program operations including, but not limited to camp, retreat, and outdoor programs. Pecometh partners with over 400 churches of the Peninsula Delaware Conference of The United Methodist Church to provide camps, retreats and outdoor programs to persons of all ages and from all walks of life. Pecometh has operated continuously since 1946 on the Chester River near Centreville, Maryland, providing Christian hospitality and programming that promotes God-inspired, life-changing experiences through camp and retreat ministries. The Director of Program Ministries is responsible for providing visionary, spiritual leadership and oversight, direction and management for the Pecometh Camp and Retreat Ministries program operations. The preferred candidate must be a highly skilled, visionary leader with genuine passion for people, camping, and the outdoors. Pecometh’s intention is for the successful candidate to ultimately assume the position of Executive Director in the next two to three years. This is not guaranteed but interested candidates should consider this when making application.
• Responsible for articulating the mission, vision, and values, serving as representative of Pecometh’s ministry in all instances, in both word and deed.
• Cultivate vital, healthy relationships for ongoing ministry engagement with staff, volunteers, campers, congregation, donors, local community, organizations, and other potential groups.
• Supervise the Camp Programs Coordinator, Retreat Programs Coordinator, and Outdoor Programs Coordinator, ensuring they are meeting the needs and requirements of their programs and are providing high quality experiences. • Coordinate with the Director of Facilities and Director of Retreat Ministries to ensure that facilities and program requirements are met for each program.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director and Registrar/Bookkeeper to ensure the financial health, stability, and sustainability of the camp and retreat ministry is maintained. Assist in the development of the annual operating budget.
• Create, develop, and implement a fundraising strategy that is mutually beneficial for campers, guests, and donors.
• Direct the marketing efforts for all program ministries including, but not limited to, print materials, direct mail, email, website, and content marketing.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to learn all aspects of the donor development operation.
PECOMETH CAMP AND RETREAT MINISTRIES Minimum Qualifications: • High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. • 7+ years operational management experience is required, preferably in a camp and retreat setting. • 3 to 5 years of previous experience working in a camp and/or retreat environment is required. • 3+ years of supervisory experience, including responsibility for program staff is strongly preferred. • Prior experience working with budgets and payroll systems is strongly preferred. • Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. • Must possess strong written, verbal and communications skills. • Genuine passion for people, camping, and outdoors is required. • Ability to independently manage time and effectively prioritize tasks. • Ability to effectively manage a crisis. • Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer knowledge is required. • First Aid, CPR and additional training is strongly preferred. • Current knowledge or willingness to learn the polity and theology of The United Methodist Church is required. • Experience within mainline denominational camping strongly preferred.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com Closing Date: Friday, August 13, 2021
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms The Pecometh Camp and Retreat Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.