Episcopal and Ministerial Services Administrator
The Illinois Great Rivers Annual Conference is seeking an individual with a servant’s heart and a passion for supporting the development of ministerial leaders by creating and maintaining an effective administrative system undergirded by excellent relational, communication and organizational skills. The successful applicant for this position will exhibit the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, the desire to work collaboratively with a variety of team members toward ongoing improvement, an attentiveness to detail and appreciation for complex processes/procedures, and facility with technology and software that assist with communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute an effective network of communication through a diverse array of modes to meet the needs of a variety of users.
- Serve as one of the primary record-and-data keepers focused on personnel recordkeeping for the Board of Ordained Ministry and the Episcopal Office.
- Monitor and support the processing of required reports, tracking participation for mandatory training events, and developing key follow-up procedures following events sponsored by the Episcopal Office and Ministerial Excellence Teams.
- Provide other administrative support to the staff of the Ministerial Excellence Team as well as to the Executive Assistant to the Bishop.
- Attend meetings of IGRC staff, various connectional groups and special events as deemed by direct supervisor.
- Participate in training opportunities for on-going professional development as requested and approved by direct supervisor.
- Faith in Jesus Christ; understanding of oneself as a disciple who is growing deeper in love of God and neighbor. Ability to articulate and live out one’s faith and growth.
- Knowledgeable and supportive of the mission and ministry of the United Methodist Church (UMC). Substantial familiarity with the structure and polity of the UMC, and a keen willingness to learn about connectional practices of this worldwide denomination.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and to work independently. Must possess interpersonal skills, ability to listen, incorporate constituents’ ideas, proficiency in planning, effectively manage timelines, embrace decision making practices, excellence in writing, teaching skills, cultural sensitivity, discernment, judgment, and initiative.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. A willingness to learn new software skills, calendar software, and database systems associated with all job-related areas of responsibility.
- Ability to organize efficiently, establish priorities and attend to details.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Committed to promoting positive ministry interactions with all persons, practicing curiosity and adaptability as new systems are developed. Operating in excellence as our teams are seeking God’s grace in all that we do as we serve together in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations, have an understanding of and commitment to diversity (culture, race, gender, theology, age, context, etc.)
Email resume and cover letter to Rev. Dr. Jacqui King at email@example.com
Closing Date: Until position is filled.
Contact: Jacqui King
5900 S. Second St. Springfield IL 62711
Email: Click to email