17,000 Health Kits needed for Japan Relief
The Midwest Mission Distribution Center has been contacted by its disaster relief partners to provide emergency relief to Japan.
The first shipment goal is 17,000 health kits and help is needed to reach that goal. The Center is looking for supplies and/or monetary donations to reach the target goal. If you choose to send a monetary donation, please indicate health kit/Japan relief on your check. MMDC will keep you up to date on the progress and what the needs are in the coming days. In addition let us all lift up a prayer for those in Japan and those with loved ones in Japan, that have been affected by this disaster.
Items for a health kit are as follows:
- 1 Hand Towel (15" x 25" up to 17" x 27", no kitchen towels)
- 1 Washcloth
- 1 Comb (large & sturdy, not pocket size or pic)
- 1 Nail file or Fingernail Clipper (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
- 1 Bath-size Bar of Soap (3 oz. or larger in original wrapper)
- 1 Toothbrush (single brushes only-in original wrapper, no child-size brushes) (no multiple packs) (no dentist name or phone number)
- 1 Tube of Toothpaste (6.4 oz or larger. Check expiration dates-must be at least ONE YEAR ahead.) (You may leave out and send $1.00)6
- Adhesive Plastic Strip Sterile Bandages (regular size and wrapped in a rubber band)
Wrap the items in the hand towel. Items should be placed in a new, one gallon plastic zip closure bag. Please make sure all items are correct sizes. If they are not the correct size, they are unusable. In addition, health kit items in bulk are very desirable as well.