Nominations are being sought for the Torch Award, recognizing adult leaders who have given exceptional service in the use and promotion of the programs civic youth serving agencies or scouting, (Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H Clubs, Camp Fire Boys and Camp Fire Girls.)
The Torch Award recipient shall:
- Be an active member of the UMC displaying Christian character.
- Have a continuous record for 10 years or more of using and supporting the programs of the CYSAS
- Serve the agency in unit, district, council, or other levels by actively participating in the program.
- Counsel young people enrolled in its religious awards program.
- Have served in or helped promote religious service’s within the agency program.
Local churches who charter Scout units are encouraged to check to see if any adults in units qualify. Nominations may be submitted at any time during the year to: Office of Connectional Ministries, Attention: Rev. Dr. Thomas Logsdon, UMM Liaison, P.O. Box 19207, Springfield IL 62794-9207. Nominations must be received by April 1 to be considered, those received after that date will be considered the following year.