Responding to a Confirmed Case
When a person with a confirmed COVID-19 case has been in the facility, regardless of community transmission rates or safety guidelines phasing, you will want to pay close attention to safety practices in order to mitigate the possibility of additional exposures. These must include:
- Close coordination and communication with local public health officials.
- Complete cleaning and sanitation of facility, particularly areas frequently contacted by users or areas visited by anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Discontinuance of facility usage until it can made safe for others to use.
- High levels of communication with congregation.
- Following the detailed instructions from the Centers for Disease Control found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/guidance-community-faith-organizations.html
Many of these practices were identified and developed from these helpful additional resources: